Friday 4 February 2011

OPENING NIGHT

The 13th Annual London Asian Film Festival by Tongues on Fire (TOF) will open on 18 March 2011 at the British Film Institute, Southbank. The inaugural films of this year's festival include:
  • Bollywood feature film I AM  produced by actor Sanjay Suri and directed by Onir and 
  • Short story Untold produced by Sanjay Suri's newly formed production company "Kahwa Entertainment"

Onir, Director of I Am
About I AM

I AM, an initiative by film director-Producer Onir and Actor-Producer Sanjay Suri, is about people with fractured lives held together by unbroken dreams. The film addresses certain issues in our society. A vision to use the medium of mainstream films to spread awareness while popularizing the culture of watching content oriented cinema. With this project the team of I AM hope to bring in another dimension to independent cinema in India. This project offers scope to different co-producers to partly co-produce any of the stories along with the main producers. They believe that independent cinema exists to give a voice to those working against the tide and outside the system. I AM is a collection of for short-tales- I Am Omar, I Am Megha, I Am Abhimanyu, I Am Afia , each tackling a societal issue.


Here is a sneak peak of the movie I AM.



For more information on festival screenings and tickets, visit our website www.tonguesonfire.com, book directly at British Film Insitute, Southbank, Apollo Cinema, Piccadilly Cinema, Piccadilly or write to us at info@tonguesonfire.com.

Festival's opening night will witness the presence of leading stars from Bollywood and Independent cinema including Manisha Koirala and Sanjay Suri. The screenings will then be followed by a Q & A session by the BFI.


Press Contact for TOF:
Keerthi Suresh
Festival Programmer
0779 416 7321
info@tonguesonfire.com
www.tonguesonfire.com


No comments:

Post a Comment